Mon, 12 Dec|
Courtyard by Marriott Barbados
CADRIn Academy: Barbados
International Arbitration Advocacy Training (IAAT) 2022
Date, Time & Location
12 Dec 2022, 08:30 – 13 Dec 2022, 18:00
Courtyard by Marriott Barbados, The Garrison Historic Area Hastings. Christ Church Bridgetown BB-08, Bridgetown BB15156, Barbados
The Caribbean ADR Initiative (CADRIn) invites you to obtain in-depth and interactive training in the necessary knowledge and skills to be an effective advocate in international arbitration. This 2-day course is ideal for those looking to progress their career in arbitration by familiarising themselves with the essential criteria for effective international arbitration advocacy and practising those skills in a live environment with feedback from experienced practitioners.
Advocacy in the context of international arbitration presents unique challenges. These challenges begin with drafting the request for arbitration and continue through to enforcement of the final award. The course will focus on key aspects of advocacy, in both regional and international arbitration, with participants learning:
· fundamental principles of Arbitration, and how these differ from litigation;
· impact of international and Caribbean ADR legislative and regulatory frameworks;
· drafting arbitration clauses under the British Arbitration Act 1950;
· choosing the right arbitrator(s);
· availability of funding options;
· roles, duties, and ethics of all participants in arbitration proceedings;
· an enhanced toolkit for preparation for each procedural stage and the evidential hearing;
· navigating challenging influences of culture and bias; and
· the opportunity to practice skills under close coaching by faculty and guest speakers.
As a participant on the course, you will engage in exercises and simulations, see demonstrations and hear presentations by experienced international arbitration practitioners and advocacy instructors, and receive invaluable faculty feedback on your own practice. Course materials delivered to you prior to the workshop will include the full course program, a detailed handbook, course resources and reference materials, and the mock arbitration case file to be used throughout the 2 days.
Each program is strictly limited to 24 participants in order to ensure an effective learning environment and to allow each person the best opportunity to develop their arbitration advocacy skills.
The training in Barbados is delivered in partnership with: The Arbitration & Mediation Court of the Caribbean (AMCC).
CADRIn would also like to thank our corporate sponsors for their support:
EARLY REGISTRATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO SECURE YOUR PLACE. AN INVOICE WILL BE RAISED AND SENT TO YOU CLOSER TO THE EVENT DATE FOR PAYMENT.
Payable by invoice - sent upon receipt of completed registration form.